Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition will be missing some music from its soundtrack, Rockstar has confirmed.
A number of tracks were removed from Vice City and San Andreas when the games were re-released on iOS, Android and PS Classics (for PS3 and PS4), and Rockstar says those tracks will still be missing from the Definitive Edition.
However, the ‘complete’ list of tracks Rockstar has confirmed to VGC is also missing a large number of songs that were still in the previous re-releases.
This doesn’t necessarily mean those songs aren’t in the game. Leaked gameplay footage posted earlier today confirmed that a number of songs missing from Rockstar’s list are actually in the game.
Grand Theft Auto the Trilogy – The Definitive Edition trailer
Songs VGC can confirm are in the game based on the leaked footage include Love Missile F1-11 by Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles and Japanese Boy by Aneka.
The below list is split into two categories: songs that were missing from previous re-releases of the game and are still missing here, and other songs that should be in The Definitive Edition but weren’t listed by Rockstar.
To reiterate, any songs in the latter list may still be in the game, even though they weren’t confirmed by Rockstar.
The publisher has also published an official Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition feature list detailing all the enhancements made across the collection.
And it has released the first official Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition gameplay videos, comparing footage of the updated versions with the original titles.
Vice City – missing in previous re-releases (and Definitive Edition)
- Wow – Kate Bush
- Bark at the Moon – Ozzy Osbourne
- Rockit – Herbie Hancock
- Looking for the Perfect Beat – Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force
- The Smurf – Tyrone Brunson
- Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ – Michael Jackson
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Running with the Night – Lionel Richie
- Añunga Ñunga – Irakere
Vice City – missing from Rockstar’s list (may still be in the game)
- Cum On Feel the Noize – Quiet Riot
- She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult
- Working for the Weekend – Loverboy
- God Blessed Video – Alcatrazz
- Fist Fury – Love Fist
- Cars – Gary Numan
- Poison Arrow – ABC
- Obsession – Animotion
- Video Killed the Radio Star – The Buggles
- Japanese Boy – Aneka
- Steppin’ Out – Joe Jackson
- One Thing Leads to Another – The Fixx
- Pump Me Up – Trouble Funk
- Get It Girl – 2 Live Crew
- A Gozar Con Mi Combo – Cachao
San Andreas – missing in previous re-releases (and Definitive Edition)
- Yum Yum (Gimme Some) – Fatback Band
- You Dropped a Bomb on Me – Gap Band
- Running Away – Roy Ayers
- Runnin’ Down a Dream – Tom Petty
- Woman to Woman – Joe Cocker
- Don’t Let It Go to Your Head – Black Harmony
- Ring My Bell – Blood Sisters
- I Don’t Give a Fuck – 2Pac feat. Pogo
- Express Yourself – N.W.A.
- Hellraiser – Ozzy Osbourne
- Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine
- Express Yourself – Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
- Rock Creek Park – The Blackbyrds
- Funky President (People It’s Bad) – James Brown
- The Payback – James Brown
- The Grunt – The JB’s
San Andreas – missing from Rockstar’s list (may still be in the game)
- Loopzilla – George Clinton
- Hot Pants – I’m Coming, I’m Coming, I’m Coming – Bobby Byrd
- Rock Me Again And Again – Lyn Collins
- Soul Power’ 74 – Maceo & The Macks
- I Know You Got Soul – Bobby Byrd