We have been recording and comparing unemployment rates vs. the number of job ads published on LinkedIn since March 2020 – to fully understand how major events (pandemic, crisis, war) actually impact the job market.
So far we have:
– gathered 14 826 data points
– received over 500 insights from Executives & HR Directors
– published 98 monthly reports, 696 daily updates & 13 special reports
– tracked 80 countries around the world for 39 months!
In this presentation, you will find a summary of how the job markets of the 80 countries did in August 2023:
Some highlights for August 2023 in terms of the number of job ads published on LinkedIn:
- Europe (38 countries): +2.39%
- 16 out of 38 countries saw an increase
- 22 saw decreases from -0.58% to -16.82%
- 1+ M less job ads across the TOP20 economies worldwide
- 1.5+ M less job ads across the Americas (22 countries).
For daily updates, follow Market Signals on LinkedIn.
The presentation also includes:
– advice for employers
– tips for experienced candidates.