What are the best Overwatch 2 controller settings? Everyone has their own preference, but there must be some default setting that works for the majority of us, right?
The default settings when booting up Overwatch 2 for the first time are the best scenario settings put together by Blizzard themselves, but that might not touch the sides for some.
It’s a good starting point, but a tweak here and there could give players the edge if needed.
Overwatch 2 Best Controller Settings
It’s no mystery that competitive online gamers have their own unique settings when playing. It could be a unique refresh rate and field of view balance or a super-sensitive DPI on a mouse. Of course, this is dependent on how powerful a console or PC/Laptop is.
Regardless of people’s opinions and preferences, the beauty of this kind of game is making them their own and making a mark on the online battlefield.
Just to be clear, we’re not considering any modified controller settings here. Xbox Elite V2 controller owners have enough to think about with those beautiful paddles. These Overwatch 2 best controller settings are all adjustable via in-game settings.
Let’s get into it, here’s our take on the best controller settings for Overwatch 2:
- Horizontal and Vertical Sensitivity:
- 42 – We would this to be a comfortable middle ground, not too quick but nimble enough for quick movements. Attackers may want to nudge this up a tad.
- Aim Assist Strength:
- 95 – Aim assist isn’t cheating, it’s an in-game setting. Trust us and take some time to get used to it a tad.
- Aim Assist Window Size:
- 65 – Feel free to kick this up a notch, but making the window too large kind of defeats the object of aim assist.
- Aim Assist Legacy Mode:
- Aim Smoothing:
- 0 – See ‘Aim Ease In’
- Aim Ease In:
- 20: This eases the snapping effect of Aim Assist. The higher it is the smoother the transition, we found this to be the sweet spot.
- Invert Vertical and Horizontal Look:
- Dependant on playstyle, we play with it Off
- Switch Movement and Look Sticks:
- Legacy Sticks:
- Aim Technique:
- Linear Ramp – Again have a play around and find the best fit
In other news, Does Overwatch 2 have aim assist? Why OW2 aiming feels off